CMEX5 EZ Flooring Kit
The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 – CMEX5 is an instant, precise, digital, non-destructive moisture meter for measuring moisture content % in concrete floors and slabs using Gravimetric testing as a baseline.
The CMEX5 detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The CMEX5 determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear digital dial.
The CMEX5 provides instant and precise measurements of the moisture content within target areas with a reading range between 0 – 6.9%.
For concrete and other such cementitious substrates, the meter provides Carbide Method (CM) equivalent readings alongside comparative readings as per ASTM F2659. The CM measuring range for concrete is 0 – 4.3 while the CM measuring range for Anhydrite is 0-2.7.
The EZ Flooring kit contains:
- CONCRETE MOISTURE ENCOUNTER X5
- Hand Held Electrode (with cable and 5/8″ (30mm) pins)
- Hygro-i2 Electronic Interface (connects Hygro-i2 probes to CMEX5)
- Hygro-i2 Probe
- Hygro-i2 Tool Accessory box
- Carry Case (hard sided zipper case)
- Professional digital moisture meter with non-invasive measuring methods
- Purpose built for concrete floors, slabs and other cementitious substrates
- All-in-one instrument for the flooring professional
- Concrete %MC reading range – 0 to 6.9%
- The meter also provides Carbide Method equivalent results
- Carbide Method equivalent CONCRETE measurement range – 0 to 4.3
- Carbide Method equivalent for Anhydrite is 0-2.7
- RH testing per BS5325, BS8201, BS8203 Hood Method and ASTM F2170
- Comparative readings produced as per ASTM F2659
- Built-In Ambient RH Sensor
- In-Situ RH & Pin Probe connections
- Hygrometer mode for testing relative humidity (RH) of floor slabs
- The probe is resilient and reusable.
- Relative Humidity range – 0 to 99%
- Humidity accuracy – ± 2% (0% to 99%RH at 25°C)
- Attachable Pin Probe creates resistance type pin meter for moisture content in wood or wood based items
- Moisture content in wood range – 5% to 30%
- Precise readings in wood even with varying densities & taken at various temperatures